Big Firm Capability, Small Firm Personality
THE BEST place to kickstart your career!
A dynamic combination of versatility, experience and knowledge for over 30 years has ensured that bdk Auditors is the financial partner of choice for those who seek a superior and quality personalised service. We are a medium-sized firm established in 1952 and situated in Caledon and Stellenbosch, Western Cape. We have clients in 6 provinces throughout South Africa. bdk Auditors are registered auditors and chartered accountants (SA).
WHY bdk auditors?
We offer a culture that allows you to reach your personal and professional goals.
We understand the importance of our clerks and the work they perform. We realize that our people are the key to making a difference for our clients. At bdk Auditors you will work together with managers and directors every day, gaining practical, hands-on experience as you provide business solutions to clients across a wide variety of industries.
WHAT can you expect from us?
- A customised professional development plan
- Work as part of a dynamic team
- Work with high profile clients
- Develop opportunities through stimulating work
- Improve specific skills through assignments
- Be acknowledged for the quality of your work
- Grow personally and professionally
- Career advancement
- Technical development
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
To manage the overall accounting function of the office, reviewing of financial statements, give feedback regarding the quality of trainees’ work, developing and standardising of working papers, identifying training needs, developing and providing training programs.
General management of trainees assigned to manager.
Management of clients assigned to manager.
Providing assistance to partners as requested from time-to-time
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
- Tertiary Qualification (Financial management/business management/accounting)
- Completed SAICA or SAIPA traineeship
- General financial accounting experience, especially financial accounting, reporting on financial transactions and compilation of financial statements.
- Supervisory management experience.
- Accounting software e.g. SAGE One/PASTEL/Caseware
- General computer knowledge (MS Word / Excel applications)
- Companies Act, 2008 (Act No.71 of 2008)
- Income Tax Act 58 of 1962
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good business acumen, financial responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Superior people skills
- Self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Thorough and analytical
- Initiating action
- Having the ability to figure something out
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Manage the overall accounting function of the office: Ensure that capturing happens timeously, VAT is correctly submitted and management accounts are thorough and accurate.
- Manage and conduct reviews of financial statements: Ensure that financial statements are accurate, complete and technically correct within the applicable framework.
- Report on the quality of trainees’ work: Supply managers with regular feedback regarding trainees’ progress and standard of work.
- Develop standardised working papers.
- Training: Identifying training needs and providing training on relevant subjects.
- Trainee management: Take responsibility for managing trainees’ performance, productivity and effectivity.
- Client relation management: Building and maintaining relationships with clients while ensuring that clients’ needs are fulfilled effectively.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
1. Manage the overall accounting function
- Ensure timely capturing of financial data
- Manage statutory and accurate submission of VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Primary review of financial statements excluding audits.
- Ensure accuracy of grammar, calculations, trial balance and financial statement disclosure.
- Develop and maintain professional competence, relevant to review of financial statements.
- Continually monitor trainees’ performance
- Provide feedback on trainees’ progress and quality of work to managers
- Identify resources and tools to support improvement efforts
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop a standard format for best practice working papers.
- Develop step-by-step policies for compilation of financial statements for different engagement types.
- Identify training needs
- Develop training programs
- Conduct training
- Ensure that trainees are utilised productively
- Ensure trainee effectivity
- Ensure that trainee development needs are being met
- Enforce fair disciplinary and grievance procedures as and when required.
- Ensure that all trainees are adhering to the Policies and Procedures of the Firm
- Ensuring all client queries are dealt with swiftly and timeously.
- Escalating and resolving areas of concern as raised by clients
- Monitoring firm performance against client expectations and flagging potential issues
- Liaising with members of management and trainees to ensure that client needs are fulfilled effectively.
CHANGE IN JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Changes in the duties and responsibilities as listed above can change from time to time as required by the Firm.
- An updated job description will be provided reflecting these changes.
Should you meet the requirements, send our CV to email@example.com
- Monthly bookkeeping & accounting to financial statements income statement
- Monthly balance sheet, cash flow statement as well as detailed notes of the same
- Monthly management accounts
- Bank reconciliations, journal posting and intercompany accounts
- Preparation of financial statements
- VAT and PAYE preparation and submission to SARS
- Perform audit work in terms of International Auditing Standards
- Learn and understand SAICA Competencies
- Complete individual and company tax returns
- Compile annual financial statements (IFRS, IFRS for SME’s)
- Uphold ethics and values of the company and act with integrity
- Be exposed to high levels professional and ethical work standards